The Stockroom Coordinator manages the daily operations of the Brown Chemistry Stockroom and related stockroom support services for over 200 end users. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining adequate on hand consumables, purchasing/restocking the department stockroom inventory. Additionally, the Stockroom Coordinator is responsible for all department shipping and receiving of chemicals and other research materials. Excellent customer service is required to support the research and administrative needs of the Department of Chemistry.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree and 2-3 years of administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Science lab training, work experience in natural science, stockroom environment preferred.
- Experience in shipping and receiving, preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities while keeping daily time and work goals on target.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accurate tracking of pricing, audit paperwork for all orders.
- Strong computer skills including data entry into Stockroom Database, use of MS Excel and google sheets, On-line purchasing sites.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and move palletized items weighing up to 1,000 lbs. with available department equipment required.
- Knowledge of EHS, EPA, OSHA, DOT/IATA safety regulations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Additional physical demands and working conditions:
This position works in close proximity to many toxic, corrosive and flammable chemicals. Incumbent must take the annual hazardous waste and lab safety training provided by Environmental Health Services.
Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty, and staff are driven by the idea that their work will impact the world.
Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break, and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts, and more.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Department of Chemistry
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.