This position works independently to manage all administrative aspects of the undergraduate and graduate programs in the Department of Sociology. The incumbent works directly with the Director of the Master’s Program (DMP), the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS), the Department Chair, the Academic Department Manager (ADM), the Student Affairs Manager (PhD), the Graduate School, the School of Professional Studies (SPS) and the Registrar among other offices on campus to implement curricular directives and mandates to meet program goals.
The incumbent works independently to provide support around Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) issues related to the graduate programs within the department.
This position reports to the ADM, and works closely with the Student Affairs Manager (PhD) to ensure faculty and students are supported.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience coordinating higher education graduate programs preferred.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- High proficiency and strong experience in Microsoft Office software for word processing (Word), spreadsheet applications (Excel), presentations (PowerPoint), and in moving material among these various applications, including documents and files in PDF format.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Experience with GSIM, Slate and creating databases preferred.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty, and staff are driven by the idea that their work will impact the world.
Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break, and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts, and more.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Student Affairs Manager
Department of Sociology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.