Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Senior Coordinator – Academic Program Operations – 531312
The Senior Coordinator, Academic Program Operations is responsible for the maintenance of program information and records for the full portfolio of programs FIU Online supports. Updated information on each program must be maintained across a variety of systems and databases, and regularly communicated with internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Coordinator maintains and routinely reconciles information in Salesforce, the FIU Online Website, Guru, the State University Data System (SUDS), and PantherSoft. Additionally, the Senior Coordinator is responsible for coordinating program launch, change, and deactivation tasks including notifications to Academic Planning and Accountability, Student Health, and other institutional groups in support of program performance and the digital learner experience.
- Leads the development, implementation, and interpretation of program launch/management procedures in conjunction with the Manager, Program Operations. Coordinates and assures completion of tasks associated with new program planning, launch and post-launch phases, supporting the achievement of objectives and goals across multi-departmental operations.
- Conducts routine review and synchronization of program records and information across a variety of systems and databases to assure the most up-to-date information on FIU Online programs is available on Salesforce, the FIU Online Website, PantherSoft, the University application systems, the Florida BOG State University Data System (SUDS), University catalogs, and other data sources as applicable.
- Serves as project manager for program approval coordination in collaboration with academic units, Office of Class Management, Academic Planning & Accountability, Academic and Career Success, and other FIU Online teams.
- Maintains descriptive data for online programs and schedules as the basis for proactive support of communication with units on the health and best-practice management of online programs for student experience and success.
- Researches and communicates changes in program information in support of the Online Student Services teams as the foundation for both prospective learners and current student success coaching.
- Works directly with academic units across the university to research and maintain program information; may provide training and on-the-job training support for academic unit program coordinators or directors in strategic scheduling or program administration.
- Serves as a backup to and additional support for the Program Operations scheduling team during peak times to assure quality and compliance with university policy and practice for class information, attributes, naming conventions, enrollment, instructor assignment, and modality requirements.
- Analyzes data for information accuracy and trends in accordance with the FIU Online Program Quarterly/Annual reporting processes and University polices and priorities. Collaborates with data analysts and leadership to leverage PantherSoft, Tableau, Salesforce, and Business Intelligence (BI) systems. Makes operational and strategic recommendations to FIU Online leadership and academic units as applicable.
- Designs, develops, and conducts capacity/course needs analysis in support of academic units.
- Assists with special programs or initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of appropriate experience, or Master’s degree and one (1) year of appropriate experience.
- Experience with academic program management or coordination
- Prior higher education or academic support services experience
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $50,000 – $55,000
Begin time: 9:00AM
End time: 5:30PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 531312
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.