This position is responsible for administrative operation of residential facilities. The position reports directly to the Director of Residential and Campus Life and is critical to the overall success of the residential campus community. The position serves as a team leader to the Residence Life professional staff and student assistants. This position also serves as a team member to the Department of Residential and Campus Life and Division of Student Engagement and Success.
- Oversee housing room assignments. This includes supervising room management workflow of building coordinators.
- Manage and advance room management software; currently StarRez.
- Advise and follow directive of Department Director and Vice President on maximizing occupancy.
- Assist with policy and procedure management.
- Monitor and report room occupancies, room maintenance, and other housing related operations.
- Supervise office student staff and full-time housing coordinators.
- Timely responses to housing inquiries.
- Work closely with Student Accounts on room billings.
- Facilitate residency requirement appeals.
- Assist Department Director with annual strategic planning and assessment.
- Assist professional coordinators with student employee hiring, training, scheduling, and accountability.
- Assist with department budget management, including processing purchases and tracking spending.
- Meet regularly with Department Director to review operations.
- Market facilities with creativity and innovative methods.
- Ensure website and all publications are current and available.
- Collaborate with university departments advance quality living environment.
Housing Summer Programs, Long-term contracts, and Special Accommodations (15%)
- Ensure summer programs with housing contracts are fulfilled by working closely with professional housing coordinators, physical plant, and Auxiliary Services.
- Manage long-term apartment contracts for faculty and staff.
- Serve as primary campus liaison for housing arrangements for guests or special programs throughout the year.
- Work closely with Access and Accommodations, housing coordinators, and physical plant, and students on special accommodations related to The Fair Housing Act and ADA.
Student Support and Other Related Duties. (10%)
- Assist with responding and following up with student situations.
- Serve on division intervention teams and student success initiatives.
- Serve as a designated student conduct officer as needed.
- Working with the Student Engagement team during campus events and activities
- Serve in Residence Life Professional Staff on-call rotation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Level Degree, or equivalent experience, and three to five years of employment experience in collegiate residential programs, or related field.
- Knowledge of GSW and University System of Georgia policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Residence Life policies and Procedures
- Skill in supervision and staff development
- Skill in program planning and implementation.
- Skill in accounting and budget management.
- Skill in interpersonal communications.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in facility management.