The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (http://www.kutztown.edu) seeks a collaborative leader with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion to serve as Associate Dean beginning in summer 2024. CLAS is the largest of four colleges at KU, with 13 academic departments, over 30 major programs, and more than 150 full-time faculty. Members of the College work together to foster students’ personal, civic, and professional growth through engaging educational experiences and dynamic programs in humanities, social sciences, and STEM.
The Associate Dean will report directly to the CLAS Dean and is a full-time management position. Primary responsibilities involve partnering with the CLAS Dean, the Assistant Dean, and department chairs to support program offerings, faculty development, and college growth. The CLAS Associate Dean will also collaborate with other divisions of the university in support of College and University priorities.
The Associate Dean’s portfolio includes the following:
- Assist and support department chairs, faculty, and staff within the College with addressing concerns, solving problems, understanding policies and processes, making decisions, and developing curricula such as new major programs or certificates.
- Facilitate articulation agreements and workforce development partnerships.
- Review department schedules within the College in terms of workload, modalities, and other key metrics; draft reports; make scheduling recommendations.
- Facilitate program review and accreditation processes.
- Contribute to student success and academic progression by processing substitution requests and special format course registrations; collaboratively resolve student concerns; and communicate with other divisions.
- Assist Admissions, University Relations, and other divisions with recruitment and marketing initiatives.
- Assist the College Advancement Board and University Foundation on community engagement, outreach, and development activities.
- Represent the University and College by participating in commencement ceremonies, admissions events, STEM Open Houses, and other campus events.
- Serve on University and College committees.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned by the dean.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in a disciplinary area represented in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Five years of experience teaching in higher education in a disciplinary area represented in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Three years of higher education administrative experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience analyzing and applying quantitative data
- Experience working in a union environment
All applications for this position are submitted via our online application system only. Attach the following items in PDF or Word file format to the online application:  a cover letter to the Search Committee Chair, that addresses how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications,  a full curriculum vitae, and  the contact information for at least three professional references from within higher education, one of whom must be the current or most recent supervisor.
Complete applications received by Feb 18, 2024 will receive full consideration, and the search will continue until the position is filled. Successful on-campus interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Clearance) and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions. Official transcripts for all degrees are required prior to appointment.
Kutztown University enrolls approximately 8,500 students in graduate and undergraduate programs. The University is located adjacent to the borough of Kutztown in a charming rural setting and is within 30 minutes driving time of the diverse metropolitan areas of Allentown/Bethlehem and Reading, and within 60 minutes of the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The University is very interested in hiring employees who have extensive experience with diverse populations. Kutztown University is an AA/EOE member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at OCR@ed.gov.
Apply at https://apptrkr.com/4916838.