About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Department of Philosophy at Le Moyne College invites applications for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in Ethics or Applied Ethics, with an AOC in normative issues in digital technologies such as AI or other data science. The successful candidate will teach ethics and applied ethics courses that appeal to a variety of undergraduate students and offer courses in our Core Curriculum.
The successful candidate must possess a PhD in philosophy by position start date, demonstrate excellence in teaching, and have an active agenda of high-quality research.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
Salary Range: $58,000 – $60,500 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply click “Apply Now,” and submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, a maximum of two sample syllabi (one of which must address normative issues in digital technologies such as AI or other data science), and a writing sample of no more than 25 pages. Please arrange to have three (3) letters of reference sent electronically to email@example.com with the subject line “Philosophy Search.” Complete applications submitted by November 8th are guaranteed to receive full consideration. All applications must be received by November 10th, 2023.
For more information, visit Le Moyne’s website at www.lemoyne.edu or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Questions re: Philosophy Search.”.