Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Dean for Public Service and Director of PKG Public Service Center
The Priscilla King Gray (PKG) Public Service Center at MIT seeks an associate dean for public service and director of the PKG Public Service Center to lead the center and promote and support public service broadly across MIT’s campus.
Will provide leadership and vision for the PKG Center, strategically directing the development, implementation, scaling, and sustainability of social impact initiatives; work to increase student engagement and maximize learning outcomes and community impact; be responsible for the business operations of the center, including staff and program management and evaluation, communications, and finances/fundraising; an oversee collaborations with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Master’s degree
- At least ten years of progressively responsible leadership experience in higher education administration, nonprofit management, or a related field
- Experience with strategic planning, program and personnel management, budgeting, and finance
- Ability to oversee professional staff of seven FTEs
- Proven success in fundraising and stewardship
- Ability to work effectively with undergraduate and graduate students and faculty
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to make clear and effective written and oral presentations
- Familiarity with relevant evaluation and assessment approaches
- Support for MIT’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and global learning.
- Seek someone with a forward-looking and collaborative leadership style who is able to actively engage others in implementing an ambitious, long-term vision and has had success building and sustaining partnerships with internal collaborators and external community partners.
- Experience in an academic setting and/or in STEM-related fields
Salary range: $115,000 – 150,000
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and/or weekends, and occasionally travel.
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 23285.
Applications submitted by November 22, 2023, will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted until this position is filled.
Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin. See MIT’s full policy on nondiscrimination.