Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Senior Software Engineer
MIT Open Learning seeks a senior software engineer to develop scalable software products with flexible APIs and advance best practices with the engineering team through participation in architecture, technical design, and code reviews.
A full job description is at https://openlearning.mit.edu/jobs.
- B.S. in computer science or related technical field
- Seven years’ professional software development experience
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Proficiency creating web applications in one or more server-side frameworks–Django, Rails, NodeJS, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Docker, Pulumi, etc.
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Excellent communication skills
Salary range: $120,000 – 140,000, with the final salary determined by MIT’s compensation team based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check.
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 23638.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin. See MIT’s full policy on nondiscrimination.