National Defense University (NDU) supports the joint warfighter by providing rigorous Joint Professional Military Education to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and select others in order to develop leaders who have the ability to operate and creatively think in an unpredictable and complex world.
- Serves as the focal point and expert advisor providing guidance across the National Defense University for all matters related to the Support Agreements Program.
- Manages, negotiates, analyzes, and executes the support agreements for approximately 15 University components amid continual changes and new or conflicting requirements.
- Manager for all National Defense University G-Invoicing accounts.
- Serves as the focal point for matters relating to the National Defense University’s FEDLINK accounts, account reconciliation, and expenditure monitoring.
- Responsible for the National Defense University Government Purchase Card Program.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance.
- This position requires a Level II Certification under the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program as a condition of employment.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade GS-12 within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience with invoicing, handling academic contracts and programs, and management of travel cards, receipts, and arrangements.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
- Our complete benefits package is one of the most comprehensive found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service. See http://www.ssa.gov/
- Background or Security Investigation: This is a Noncritical Sensitive position which requires a background investigation. The individual selected for this position is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security determination to occupy a Noncritical Sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment.
- FM Certification: In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction 1300.26, “Operation of the DoD Financial Management Certification Program,” this position requires a Level II Certification under the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program as a condition of employment. If incumbent is not already certified at this level, the incumbent of this position must obtain this certification within two (2) years of entry on duty into this FM position. Once certified, the incumbent must meet the continuing education training requirement as outlined in DoDI 1300.26
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
- Pay for first time hires to the Federal Government will typically be set at step 1 salary range for their respective grade level.
- All applicants are encouraged to apply electronically. If you are unable to apply on-line, you may contact 317-212-4434 for assistance.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE – YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Financial Management
- Planning and Evaluating
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12067237
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching in your USAJOBS account. For assistance in preparing your resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools.
2. Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical rating.
3. Other Supporting Documents.
4. Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible: Military Spouse Preference applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level. You must include a completed copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist dated within 30 days along with the documents identified on the checklist to verify your eligibility for Military Spouse Preference. Click here to obtain a copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist.
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement or at the time of application if applying to an announcement with an extended closing date.
1. Transcripts and/or Certifications: All applicants to include current agency employees, must submit proof of education if the job announcement requires education to meet the basic qualification requirements, or if substituting education to meet the specialized experience requirements. Many applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement. For additional information on acceptable documents, click here Transcripts and Certifications. All applicants to include current agency employees/contractors must also document your education and/or certifications in your resume.
2. Cover Letter: You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or determine eligibility for preference.
3. Veterans Preference: If you are claiming veteran’s preference, you MUST submit the appropriate documentation. Failure to do so WILL result in the loss of veteran’s preference, and will possibly impact your placement on the certificate. For more veterans’ information please click here.
- You must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”, showing the dates of active duty service, type of discharge and the character of service. Alternatively, If you are a current military member in active duty service and do not have a copy of your DD Form-214, you must submit a written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application for this position. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service and what they condition of discharge is thought to be.
- If claiming 10-point preference and/or are a 30% or more Disabled Veteran, you must submit both a DD Form-214 or expected discharge documentation as described above AND a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or your branch of service certifying the presence of service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of disability
- If you are claiming eligibility based on 10-point derived veterans’ preference (i.e. a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran claiming veterans’ preference when the veteran is unable to use it), you must also submit a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) “Application for 10-Point Veteran’s Preference” and any required documents indicated on the SF-15 to substantiate the claimed preference.
- Click to review veterans authorities and required documents that verify eligibility for VEOA, VRA and/or 30% or more disabled veterans hiring authorities.
4. ICTAP Eligibles: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF-50 if available.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM EST on 08/28/2023, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Apply Now: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/742877000