College of Social Work
Associate Dean of Inclusive Excellence
The Associate Dean of Inclusive Excellence will advance our college’s culture of promoting and embracing diversity and inclusion as well as fostering a sense of belonging and respect for all individuals. The Associate Dean will work with faculty, staff, and students to purposefully design and implement practices and programs that results in a welcoming college environment.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a record of service and/or scholarly work advancing diversity issues. They will develop and sustain collaborative partnerships in our college and communities. They will partner with the Dean and other senior leaders in identifying policies and practices to explore and implement evidence-based best practices and interventions that lead to equitable outcomes at the College of Social Work.
Reporting directly to the Dean, the Associate Dean of Inclusive Excellence is a member of the college’s leadership team and works in close collaboration with fellow senior college administrators. They will serve for a 4-year term, renewable for subsequent terms subject to consultation with the Dean. This is a 12-month administrative faculty position with a negotiable expected workload distribution of 50% administrative and service, 30% research, and 20% teaching (two courses/year).
Specifically, the Associate Dean of Inclusive Excellence is expected to:
- Promote an inclusive community fitting with our college and profession’s values.
- Develop a vision for inclusive excellence that is ingrained and integrated with the social work profession’s vision and mission as well as that of The Ohio State University College of Social Work.
- In collaboration with the Research Office, Academic Affairs, Community Engagement, and the entire college community, ensure that inclusive excellence is infused in the college’s policies and daily practices to build faculty, staff, and student success.
- Responsible for informing the college of inclusive excellence efforts in collaboration with the college’s communication team.
- Be a visible and accessible advocate for the promotion of inclusive excellence in the college, university, and community. This includes representing the College of Social Work in university-wide committees, national and international platforms, and initiatives focused on inclusive excellence.
- Identify internal and external resources and training opportunities to advance a shared vision of inclusive excellence for faculty, staff, and students.
- Design and implement programs that actively support a diverse workforce and student body including those that prevent discrimination and address incidents involving bias.
- Model accountability and a commitment to an inclusive environment to support faculty, staff, and students who experience racism, sexism, or other forms of discrimination at the university.
- Prepare annual reports related to the College of Social Work’s progress on inclusive excellence efforts.
- Chair the college’s Diversity Work Group.
- A successful candidate will have qualifications commensurate with tenure at the rank of associate professor or professor in the College of Social Work.
- Has worked in and/or researched in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Past administrative experience.
- Experience developing and implementing inclusive programs and activities.
To apply, please visit https://osujoblinks.com/sgi1
To build a diverse workforce, The Ohio State University encourages applications from all individuals. The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law. Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Equal Employment Identification form.