Digital and Social Media Specialist
The Enrollment Management Office is seeking a Digital and Social Media Specialist to produce and publish engaging, effective, and results-driven content for all Enrollment Management social platforms, supporting the unit’s overall communications strategy.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Communications, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for:
- Producing and publishing engaging, effective, and results-driven digital and social media content for all Enrollment Management social platforms, supporting the unit’s overall communications strategy
- Oversee the day-to-day activities on social media platforms and apps including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube and new and emerging channels
- Working with current students to produce engaging content including takeovers, videos and other storytelling pieces
- Shooting and editing channel-specific video content
- Collaborating with internal and external teams and stakeholders on digital and social content needs
- Building and maintaining content calendars for each Enrollment Management office’s social channels
- Reviewing social media analytics and making data-driven decisions to continuously improve social strategy
- Attending and engaging in on-campus events designed to recruit and yield students for the purposes of capturing for social channels
- Staying up to date on social media and video trends
- Maintaining University brand and editorial standards
- Collaborating with the University’s central social media team and other social media managers and influencers at the University
- Actively participating in brainstorming and ideation sessions and pitching ideas
- Managing social media/marketing interns
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education and experience:
This position typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus 4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating engaging content for social media channels
- Experience utilizing scheduling and management platforms (Iconosquare, Hootsuite, or similar)
- Experience with video editing and photography preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Commitment to values and practices that support and advance an environment of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.