Program Coordinator, Albany NY
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Our mission is to provide talent, services, and technology that empower SUNY to research, innovate, and transfer discoveries that transform the world’s knowledge economy.
Our vision is to make SUNY the best place for faculty, students and staff to research, innovate, and solve the world’s most pressing problems.
The RF serves SUNY by providing essential administrative services that enable SUNY faculty to focus their efforts on the education of students and the performance of life-changing research across a wide range of disciplines including medicine, engineering, physical sciences, energy, computer science, and social sciences. We work with the academic and business leadership of SUNY campuses to support research and discovery through the administration of sponsored projects and technology transfer and management of intellectual property for public benefit and economic growth.
The RF is committed to diversity, inclusion and a working environment that enhances productivity, creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes everyone’s full potential and fuels innovation. We hold the organization and each other to the highest standards of integrity, accountability and ethical behavior.
The University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) is looking for an effective and collaborative Project Coordinator to work as part of the ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking) team. ATTAIN is a network of community based technology labs offering an assortment of academic, occupational, and employability skills across New York State. This position reports to the ATTAIN Project Manager and is responsible for supervising staff at the ATTAIN labs and providing oversight of the daily operations including lab performance, utilization of products and services, partner relations, and community engagement. The position also works collaboratively with the project vendor on the installation of hardware and software, installation of products and services, program development and project implementations within the ATTAIN labs.
- Provide supervision, oversight, technical assistance, training and appropriate follow-up to assigned ATTAIN labs
- Collaborate with UCAWD and EOC staff, contacts and host sites regarding the development and ongoing management of ATTAIN labs
- Work with UCAWD, field staff and third-party vendors to ensure that labs are fully operational and the have required software, hardware, resources and staffing
- Provide support to ensure that labs are in compliance with Federal, State, and office rules and regulations
- Work with UCAWD/Research Foundation for SUNY and host agencies to manage and supervise ATTAIN staff including recruitment, onboarding, orientation, performance management and development of staff
- Provide orientations to staff on the operation and maintenance of the labs, the delivery of self-paced and facilitated courses, and other areas effecting lab operations
- Promote ATTAIN through the development and maintenance of partnerships and collaborations with entities that enhance the goals of the project
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of each assigned lab and work with staff to enhance the delivery of programs and services
- Work with the ATTAIN Project Manager and UCAWD leadership to develop new programs and services that will enhance the education and employability of participants
- Evaluate effectiveness based on site review, monitoring the data system and recommend corrective action plans as necessary
- Ensure that all reporting and data systems are complete, accurate, and utilized for program management
- Manage the allocation of product licenses and resources
- Maintain knowledge on all ATTAIN product courseware
- Work collaboratively to prepare reports, publications, fact sheets and other documents
- Help coordinate local or statewide meetings
- Provide support and networking opportunities to staff
- Complete other assignment(s) as directed by the ATTAIN Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and a minimum three years’ experience in project/program management, and/or online learning is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working on a team
- Strong communication, written, and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse team.
- Highly-motivated individual that is comfortable initiating and managing collaborative partnerships, performing multiple tasks and managing complex projects effectively and successfully from inception to implementation.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable to change.
- Project coordination experience skills highly desired.
- Broad proficiency with technology and the ability to learn new technology as needed.
TRAVEL: Some statewide travel required
Salary: $67,500 – $72,500
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy-related conditions, reproductive health decisions, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, familial status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic characteristics/genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, military status or service, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at http://systemrf.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=165245
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages enable you to upload your cover letter and additional documents.