Susquehanna University has a strategic commitment to creating and maintaining a welcoming and equitable environment for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. The Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer (CIDO) is responsible for the advancement and implementation of this vision and the initiatives that foster its success. Reporting directly to the President, the CIDO is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and directs the Division of Access, Equity and Belonging (DAEB). This position is defined as an exempt position under FLSA regulations.
- Develop and implement strategies to advance institutional change, foster a positive and inclusive work environment, and ensure that inclusion and diversity considerations are incorporated into the everyday work of the institution.
- Lead the DAEB to coordinate and support the work of student, faculty and staff initiatives to advance social justice and foster cultural and historical awareness of the experiences of marginalized or minoritized groups.
- Lead inclusion, diversity, and belonging programs and opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Partner with the Office of Admissions to develop recruitment and retention strategies for a more representative student body.
- Advise and collaborate with the President, SLT, staff, faculty and students regarding the development and implementation of targeted initiatives.
- As a member of the SLT, work with President and Board of Trustees to set goals and develop strategies to advance institutional change.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and review recruitment, hiring, and retention practices throughout the university to support inclusion and diversity. Support and expand the Diversity Search Advocates requirement for new hires.
- Conduct faculty and staff investigations in consultation with Human Resources.
- Track and report diversity and inclusion metrics on faculty, staff, and students, as required.
- Stay current on effective industry practices locally and nationally.
- Maintain a wide range of industry networks to publicize and promote diversity and inclusion at the university.
- Remain knowledgeable of changes in federal and state law and regulations, and trends within higher education to ensure the integration of best practices and compliance for Susquehanna and its constituents.