About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Information Technology Services (ITS) at the University at Albany seeks applicants for an Applications Developer/Analyst. She/He/They employ technical and functional skills and experience to ensure the reliability, availability, and maintainability of one or more enterprise applications, including PeopleSoft, the University’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). The Applications Developer Analyst is involved with the design, build/configuration, and operational maintenance of systems in this portfolio. The successful candidate acts as a subject matter lead for the systems, solutions, and related services used at UAlbany.
The Applications Developer/Analyst will play a key role as the University embarks on the identification and implementation of an exciting new ERP strategy. Success in this position will directly impact outcomes of student experience, retention, and success.
The successful candidate has excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with a wide range of constituents ranging from campus leadership to front-line staff. She/He/They work under limited supervision as well as within a team environment.
Development and Operational
- Provide day-to-day applications operational support, including performing quality assurance activities and completing all necessary documentation for tasks performed
- Monitor enterprise applications, troubleshoot application incidents, and work closely with team members and technical departments to maintain service availability
- Work on items within a defined queue of requests, incidents, and problems for assigned service areas
- Design, develop, configure, test, maintain, and document solutions created for the application
Collaboration and Team
- Work as a team member in the development, analysis, and support of enterprise applications, including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Actively collaborate with Senior Application Developers/Analysts, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Architects to develop solutions to complex problems, including solutions that may require integration between disparate systems running on a variety of technical platforms
- Collaborate with Senior Application Developer Analysts to build customizations and configurations that ensure propagation to upgraded environments
- Work closely with various technical and functional departments in implementing proposed solutions
- Actively participate, as needed, in ITS projects
- Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current enterprise applications
- Be available to provide scheduled support and consultation outside normal business hours, including occasional evenings, holidays, or weekends, within reasonable professional obligation and expectation
- A Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong customer service skills, including strong oral and written communication, organization, and ability to build professional relationships with consumers
- Experience in analyzing and assessing user’s business needs and translating them into specifications to meet the demand
- Experience working with relational databases including understanding of database principles, structures, theories, and practices
- Working knowledge of Data Analysis
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently, without losing focus on any particular project
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion and belonging relative to their role
- Demonstrated experience in higher education
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Fluency in more than one programming language
- Two or more years’ experience with SQL development skills
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with PeopleSoft Application Development
Special Notes: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This position has the potential for telecommuting up to 50%.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Lead Programmer/Analyst, SL3; $69,000-74,000.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The University at Albany’s Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=166942
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.