About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Information Technology Services (ITS) at the University at Albany seeks applicants for an IT Purchasing Associate. This position is responsible for procurement of IT-related equipment, services, and supplies. This includes procurements with varying degrees of complexity. The IT Purchasing Associate will work with ITS staff and Procurement Services to ensure all New York State, SUNY and University at Albany procurement policies and procedures are adhered to. She/He/They will think strategically and be solution oriented. This is a fast-paced and high-demand position. Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills are essential.
- Work in conjunction with the University at Albany’s Procurement Services Office, including attending meetings and required trainings
- Ensure all State University of New York (SUNY), New York State (NYS) and University at Albany purchasing procedures and guidelines are followed
- Assist, consult, and advise ITS staff on procurements of varying amounts and complexities; determine route to purchase and best method of procurement
- Coordinate IT-related solicitations including: release of requests for proposals (RFPs), invitation for bids (IFBs), and requests for quotes (RFQs) and the subsequent review, approval, negotiation of award and contractual obligations. Prepare and process IT-related contracts and purchase orders and monitor term dates
- Assist with keeping ITS staff informed of changes to procurement policies and procedures
- Be available to provide scheduled support and consultation outside normal business hours, including occasional evenings, holidays, or weekends, within reasonable professional obligation and expectation
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Two years of professional experience in purchasing, contracting, or analyzing agreement terms
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and belonging relative to their role
- Experience working with New York State purchasing and contracting
- Experience in writing and negotiating contracts and related documents.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL3; $60,000-65,000.
Special Notes: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This is an in-person position and is not eligible for telecommuting
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The University at Albany’s Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=169688
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
Closing date for receipt of applications: this position will remain open until filled.