The College of Nursing at the University of Cincinnati is seeking a faculty member eligible for tenure at the Associate or Full Professor level to contribute to the research mission of the college (rank commensurate with credentials). Candidates should be prepared to teach at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels (depending upon College needs and the candidate’s credentials). This is a 9-month faculty appointment that teaches across two primary semesters. The College of Nursing is committed to an inclusive and welcoming environment and seeks to attract faculty, staff, and students of diverse backgrounds. The selected candidate will have a commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with diverse populations.
Tenured faculty members are primarily responsible for research, which includes a consistent pattern of obtaining extramural funding for research and publications in peer-reviewed publications. Tenured faculty members may also contribute to the pedagogical and service missions of the university, expectations for which may be described in their letters of appointment and in unit reappointment and promotion criteria. A reduced teaching load will be considered based on salary support from extramural funding sources.
- Job duties will include teaching, research, and service activities.
- Responsibilities will include submitting large extramural grants and disseminating research findings at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
- Service expectations include service to the College and University on committees, as well as with a professional organization consistent with one’s research focus and participate in curriculum development activities.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
- Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- Serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Serve on graduate committees, supervise laboratories (where appropriate), independent study activities, and off-campus learning.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
Prior to effective date of appointment, must have obtained:
- A Doctor of Philosophy degree in Nursing, Public Health, or a related field.
- Service leadership at the regional or national level.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research evidenced by strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals. Candidates for a tenured appointment should demonstrate intellectual leadership and impact on the field and potential significant contributions to the department, University of Cincinnati, and wider scholarly community.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective teaching ability, commitment to student success, and service to the profession.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students unfamiliar with a subject.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Attach a cover letter indicating research experience, funding history, CV, and 3 professional references. Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items. Applications without a cover letter and CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
Other details about this position are available at this link https://bit.ly/3tFjZvi
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.