Assistant Professor: Statistical Foundations of Data Science (HDSI)
University of California San Diego
Position title: Assistant Professor Salary range: A reasonable salary range estimate for this position is $120,000-$136,000. The posted UC Academic salary scales set the minimum pay as determined by rank and/or step at appointment. See the following tables for the salary scales for this position: https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2023-24/oct-2023-acad-salary-scales/t1.pdf https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2023-24/oct-2023-acad-salary-scales/t3.pdf The base salary range, from the salary tables, for this position is 74,600-$124,300. “Off-scale salaries” and other components of pay, i.e., a salary that is higher than the published system-wide salary at the designated rank and step, are offered when necessary to meet competitive conditions, qualifications, and experience. Additional UCSD salary information can be found here: https://aps.ucsd.edu/compensation/apo-salary.html Application Window
Open date: October 11, 2023
Next review date: Sunday, Nov 12, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, Sep 30, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
As a pivotal member of HDSI, the successful candidate will conduct cutting-edge research in Statistics, play a key role in mentoring students, and contribute to the Institute’s scholarly community. This position involves teaching university students. The successful candidate will be expected to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- COVID-19 Impact Statement – We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic may have had a substantial impact on academic productivity. In our academic hiring processes, we will be keeping this in mind as we consider achievement relative to opportunity. We encourage you to reflect on constraints on opportunity in your field that were caused by the events of the pandemic and where applicable, to discuss your achievements in this light.
- 3-5 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03797
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
To apply, please visit: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03797