Assistant or Associate Professor of Practice (Appointment-Stream) in Higher Education
University of Pittsburgh School of Education
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor of Practice (appointment-stream)
Appointment: Twelve-month, full-time, appointment-stream; starting July 2024
Description: The Department of Educational Foundations, Organizations, and Policy invites applications for an assistant or associate professor of practice from outstanding candidates with expertise in higher education leadership, student affairs administration, college student development, and/or social justice education to contribute to the Higher Education EdD and MEd programs. We seek a collaborative colleague who aligns with the School of Education mission and employs innovative and critical approaches in their teaching, advising/mentoring of students, program coordination, and scholarship with the goals of thoughtfully engaging students and preparing graduates to serve as scholarly practitioners with an equity and justice orientation
- Teach, advise, and mentor EdD and MEd students pursuing careers in higher education and student affairs with a focus on creating an equitable and just impact in these fields;
- Coordinate the Higher Education EdD program related to admissions, recruitment, and administration; supporting admissions and recruitment efforts and events in the MEd program as needed. Contribute to the development and growth of the Higher Education programs, including our CPED (Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate) influenced Schoolwide EdD program and our MEd program in higher education and student affairs as well as support the development of new departmental online certificate and/or micro-credential programs;
- Engage in practitioner-oriented scholarship and research in pursuit of equitable and just impact on higher education and/or student affairs practice;
- Contribute to the service mission of the university, school, and department through partnerships and engagement with higher education and/or community;
- Partner with regional, national, and international institutions of higher education and/or associate with local, state, and national higher education and student affairs professional organizations.
- Earned doctorate in higher education, student affairs, or a closely related field by July 1, 2024;
- Transferrable experience related to program coordination or development (graduate programs, certification programs, and/or micro-credentialing programs);
- Potential for or demonstrated successful teaching in higher education;
- Potential for or demonstrated successful equitable and just mentoring and advising for every student at the graduate level;
- Ongoing or potential for ongoing practitioner-focused scholarship related to higher education, with a preference for inquiry related to higher education leadership, student affairs administration, student development, and/or social justice education and;
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and justice in alignment with the Pitt School of Education mission-vision.
- Professional work experience in higher education or student affairs leadership and administration (3+ years);
- Demonstrated record of practitioner-oriented scholarly activities or research;
- Experience with or potential for innovation and excellence in university-level teaching and using technology for online and blended format classes.
Salary & Rank: Competitive salary will be commensurate with qualifications at a rank of Assistant/Associate Professor Practice (appointment stream).
Application Process: Review of applications will begin January 5, 2024 and will continue until the position is filled. NOTE: Applications received by January 5, 2024 will receive priority review. To apply for this position, please submit to your letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for references (if applying at the Assistant Professor of Practice level, at least three references are needed; if applying at the Associate Professor of Practice level, at least six references are needed. Please note that references will only be contacted and asked to submit a letter if the candidate is a finalist for the position). Materials can be upload to link here: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=23008413&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
For questions about the submission process email firstname.lastname@example.org and for questions about the position, Department, or School of Education, email the search committee co-chairs, Dr. Darris Means (email@example.com) and Dr. Jill Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled