The UW-Madison Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis Department seeks an individual for a tenure-track position in educational leadership with a preferred emphasis in instructional leadership and/or leadership preparation. Prior experience as a school, district, or community leader is desirable. The successful candidate should also have research expertise in either quantitative methods, mixed methods, and/or policy evaluation. The scholar must have an established interest and record of research, teaching, and service that supports equity, diversity, and social justice in educational leadership. We seek an individual who is committed to the pursuit of excellence not only in their research and teaching, but also graduate student advising and contributing to the growth and quality of the Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis program. The ideal candidate should have a successful external funding portfolio for research.
- Conduct exemplary research that leads to the cultivation of promising ideas and publications in major scholarly outlets as well as pursue grant funding.
- Teach core and graduate level courses – including courses in the educational leadership program – for educational leadership scholars, leaders, practitioners, and policymakers.
- Create and maintain networks with staff, students, and faculty in the Educational Leadership program as well as in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis.
- Supervise and mentor graduate students and serve on committees of doctoral students.
- Embrace the responsibilities associated with departmental and university membership, which includes advising doctoral, master’s, and certification students.
- Inform and enrich state policy development in alignment with the Wisconsin Idea.
Candidates are required to have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Education or related discipline.
To ensure consideration, application materials must be received through https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/professor-of-k-12-educational-leadership-madison-wisconsin-united-states by Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 11:59 pm; however, this position will remain open and applications may be considered until this position is filled.