Title: Academic Support Coordinator
Hiring Range: UG
Pay Band: UG
Location: Virginia Military Institute
Agency Website: www.vmi.edu
Recruitment Type: General Public – G
The coordinator will be responsible for working with the Center’s Director and academic faculty to develop and deliver academic support programming to cadets. This is a new full-time administrative and professional position, available immediately.
- Assist with planning and delivery of academic support programming
- Work closely with the Director to deliver skill-building programs for new cadets and those at-risk for academic probation or suspension.
- Monitor and evaluate academic support programming and peer-led activities.
- Work with faculty to develop targeted academic support programs.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, and training of peer academic coaches and tutors.
- Maintain the Center’s website and any social media pages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Professional experience teaching and/or coordinating an academic coaching or supplemental instruction programs. Will consider related experience and training.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks across the semester.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- Previous data collection and analysis experience.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with college athletes, tutors, and faculty.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Name: Tamara Wade
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Candidates must apply online at: Virginia Jobs
In addition to the online application please include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Start date is flexible.
A criminal background check is required for the final candidate.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.