Virginia Military Institute invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Registrar. The Assistant/Associate Registrar supports the Institute Registrar’s oversight and management of the collection, recording, maintenance, and communication of academic data. Specific duties for this position will be determined based on the selected applicant’s skills relative to a baseline audit of the office’s requirements and current staffing.
This is a full-time, in-person, 12-month Administrative and Professional Faculty position. Like the VMI faculty, certain academic personnel, including this position, are uniformed members of the Virginia Militia and adhere to military customs and courtesies. Prior military service in not required for consideration. The salary is competitive, commensurate with experience. VMI offers an attractive benefits package, including health and dental insurance and retirement options. The details are available online in the Administrative/Professional Faculty Handbook.
Virginia Military Institute is a state-supported four-year undergraduate military college offering leading academic programs in the liberal arts, engineering, and the sciences. It is located in the southern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Lexington, Virginia (pop. 7,000), is also home to Washington & Lee University and offers a stimulating cultural atmosphere in a pleasant, rural setting.
- Associate’s degree;
- Proficiency with education-specific relational database use and management;
- Knowledge of best practices associated with policies concerning academic records, institutional research, accreditation, and FERPA;
- Superior problem-solving skills to support seamless operations in an academic environment;
- Superior interpersonal skills, including management of sensitive and confidential information;
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with constituencies;
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends as necessary to fulfill the mission and duties of the office.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience in an academic Registrar’s Office
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague database and Entrinsik reporting;
- Progressively increasing leadership experience in higher education.
Candidates must apply online at: Virginia Jobs.
In addition to the online application please include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Start date is flexible.
A criminal background check is required for the final candidate.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.