Instructor or Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Physical Therapy
Prepare and administer a curriculum that will develop students into empathetic, competent, dynamic physical therapists as life-long learners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of contemporary physical therapy practice.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with health care professionals and patients. Bilingual helpful.
- Ability to accurately examine the knowledge and clinical skills attained by the students.
- Knowledge of instructional and organizational methodologies
- An entry-level doctoral degree from an accredited physical therapy program.
- Preference given to those with an academic Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, EdD). All but dissertation (ABD) candidates will also be considered.
The college is seeking an optimal match between individual qualifications and assessed ability to contribute to the College’s mission. All qualified candidates will be considered. Rank (Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor) will be determined based on the College of Health Sciences’ Faculty Guidelines.
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Eligibility for licensure in the state of Oregon.
- Expertise in pediatric physical therapy / Anatomy / Physiology
- Curriculum development experience in a CAPTE-accredited physical therapy program.
- Professional association membership with evidence of advocacy for physical therapy profession.
To apply, please send your CV and Teaching Philosophy statement to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Anu Räisänen, email@example.com, phone 541-259-0471.
Classification Pay Scale
In compliance with SB 1162, Western University of Health Sciences is providing a pay scale for this position. The pay scale reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, the individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and work location. Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only.
Full Salary Range (Minimum – Maximum, $)
Assistant Professor: 100,000–120,000
Associate Professor: 110,000–130,000