The Academic Program Coordinator serves as a member of a team providing logistical support for programs, instructors, courses, and services offered through the Division of Pre-College and Undergraduate Programs. Annually, these programs offer over 400 courses in a variety of formats and structures (credit and non-credit; on campus, online, and off-site, including international locations; 1-7 weeks and 9 months long), approximately 500 instructors (Brown faculty, graduate students, and visiting instructors) and undergraduate and graduate student teaching associates/assistants, serving approximately 6,000 pre-college and undergraduate students. The team members work under the direction of the Associate Director for Program Support and in support of Program Directors. The team members provide year-round support for programs by maintaining course and instructor databases, communicating with instructors regarding all aspects of courses (including the details of course offerings, class schedules, classroom needs, media support, computing support, and field trip logistics); ensuring Director of Graduate Studies’ approval of graduate students instructing; and facilitating the flow of timely and accurate information between instructors, department staff, and Program Directors, as well as several Divisional operational areas (including teams in Marketing and Enrollment Services, Finance & Operations, and Pre-College Student Life) and University offices (including Environmental Health and Safety, the Registrar’s office, Digital Learning and Design, and academic departments). While each Coordinator has responsibility for supporting specific logistical areas in these ways, each needs to be familiar with the broad range of processes and details the team supports Academic Program Coordinators also assist with supporting other Divisional events and services as needed, e.g. preparing and staffing events, joining in employment searches, etc.
- Effectively solicit, track, and communicate course and program information from and to multiple constituencies including Divisional Program Directors and Finance & Operations, Marketing & Enrollment Services, instructors, departmental staff and managers, Directors of Graduate Studies, University offices, and the rest of the Academic Program Coordination team. 60%
- Implement logistical needs of programs, instructors, and courses, including managing and coordinating the provision of services by other University departments and outside vendors 30%
- Provide general operational support for Divisional programs and respond to request for project support within the Academic Program Coordination team, as needed 10%
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication proficiency, including the use of email and telephone
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
- Computer proficiency and experience working with spreadsheets, databases, and enterprise systems such as Banner and Salesforce preferred
- Complete working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required, and Google products.
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-oriented, professional, collaborative, and strong work ethic
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize multiple competing priorities effectively
BACKGROUND CHECK: Criminal and Education
**PLEASE NOTE: A complete application consists of a cover letter and resume**
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Academic Program Coordinator
Pre-College & Undergraduate Programs
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.