College of Human Environmental Sciences
Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being accepted for an
Instructor position in Sport Management
Start Date – 8/16/2024
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management, a growing Department with a thriving faculty, seeks to fill a full-time instructor position in Sport Management beginning in the Fall 2024 semester. The Department name is in the process of being changed to reflect our new program. The Department is one of five in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at The University of Alabama. We have recently launched our Bachelor of Science in Sport Management degree program in Fall 2023 after having a long history offering sport education. The new program is one of the fastest growing degree programs at the University.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50 public universities in the nation with a focus on research, teaching, and service, and has one of the most beautiful college campuses in America. The University is a leader among public universities nationwide in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars and is the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama. The University of Alabama is in vibrant Tuscaloosa, a metropolitan area of approximately 160,000, with a warm and sunny climate. The University and the Department are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive learning and work environment for our students, faculty, and staff.
Responsibilities: Teaching and service to articulate the mission of The University including:
- Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels as appropriate. Examples of courses that the candidate may teach include, but are not limited to, the following: Introduction to the Sport Industry, Sports Governance, Event Leadership, Financial Issues in Sport, Sport Tourism, Sport Marketing and Promotion.
- Recruit and mentor students.
- Academic advising for undergraduate and graduate students as appropriate.
- Serve on Departmental, College, and University committees.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a strong background, training, and expertise in sport management.
- Master’s or terminal degree in Sport Management or related field is required.
- Evidence of successful teaching at the collegiate level.
- Minimum 2 years relevant industry experience is strongly preferred.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin by November 13, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
- Applications must include the following: cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of graduate coursework, teaching philosophy (1 page), and a list of three professional references with contact information.
- For further information contact: Dr. Dylan Williams at email@example.com
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Education Opportunity Institution that actively seeks diversity among its employees.