The magazine U.S. News and World Report recently issued its annual rankings of the best colleges and universities in the United States. In addition to its rankings of the best national universities and liberal arts colleges, the magazine ranks regional colleges and universities and also the nation’s historically Black colleges and universities.
As was the case last year, Spelman College in Atlanta was ranked as the nation’s best HBCU. Morehouse College in Atlanta and Howard University in Washington, D.C. held the second and third spots. In last year’s rankings, Howard was second and Morehouse was third.
Rounding out the top 10 positions are:
4. Fisk University (Nashville, TN)
5. Tuskegee University (Tuskegee, AL)
6. Xavier University (New Orleans, LA)
7. Claflin University (Orangeburg, SC)
8. North Carolina A&T State University (Greensboro, NC)
9. Clark Atlanta University (Atlanta, GA) TIE
9. Delaware State University (Dover, DE) TIE
9. Florida A&M University (Tallahassee, FL) TIE