This position is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative services in support of the Dean of the Faculty (DOF) office, the Program in Early Cultures (PEC), and other departments’ numerous projects as needed, as well as assisting with coordinating the general operational needs of the office.
The administrative coordinator contributes to financial and operational support for events, processing reimbursement payments, keeping track of event expenses and meeting budget targets. The incumbent will work closely with the manager/chairs/directors in organizing events and conferences.
Other responsibilities and tasks include updating websites and social media pages, assisting visitors, overseeing internal room bookings, providing back up for the Executive Assistant, answering general inquiries, and inputting maintenance requests and tracking them.
The incumbent actively maintains knowledge of relevant University policies, institute guidelines, and technical systems to fulfill their responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree with 3 years of related administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in a University or not-for-profit environment is preferred.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to proofread and detail oriented; prompt and courteous response to emails and telephone calls.
- Proficiency in, ability, and willingness to learn, Adobe, Microsoft, and Google application suites and other systems.
- Knowledge of updating and maintaining websites and social media platforms or a willingness to learn.
- Experience in processing and tracking financial transactions, desirable.
- Customer-focused, customer service oriented.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to think and act independently, and handle competing priorities and changing priorities.
- Dependability, reliability, and consistent ability to produce high quantity and quality of work.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Office of the Dean of the Faculty
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.